We are living in the world where there are 4 million blog posts everyday globally published in hundreds of categories in thousands of ways.
There is a lot of difference in your audience mind between when you are showing then a beautiful presentation with lot of graphs versus you are explaining them the key points from the presentation in the form of story. Whenever you tell your story in the right way, you might be overwhelmed by the kind of responsibilities you get from your customers or readers. Good thing to take a note is that Everyone loves a good story and they become the ambassadors of your story if it is narrating well. Human brains retain information more effectively when it is delivered in the story form compared with a statistical form.
In today’s post, I’ve listed the 5 killer tips for storytelling which will make your customers connected with you or your brand.
1. Tell the Truth: There are many ways to tell the story but the only thing that connects with the audience no matter how you say is that the Truth behind the start of your brand which might be a strong idea, insight or passion. You cannot tell the truth with one single page on your website where you write the full story on vision, mission, values in a page.
2. Relate to Your Target Audience: People will get more curious and connected when it is related to their problem or when it is related to their behavior, it gets even more interesting when it pays attention to their ego which will directly influence the decision making in most cases.
3. Make your Audience imagine: As a brand,when you understand the problem or need of your audience and have solution for their problem or need. Any brand story is connected well when you make your audience imaging the solution while you are telling your brand story, that makes them connected more with your brand.
4. Avoid Complication: According to one of the study conducted by Harvard business review, What consumers want from marketers is, simply, simplicity. Simplicity is the single biggest drives to make the audience stick with the brand. Shifting the storytelling orientation which will help consumers confidently complete the purchase journey is a great change which is never been an easy thing for the brands and marketers since it flex new muscles and rethink how they craft their communications in such a way make the audience connect with the brand.
5. Build Emotional Connect: Connecting with the audience emotionally is one of the most efficient strategy in the story telling process since 90 percent of all purchasing decisions are made subconsciously (as per the search done by ispo).Here the deciding factor will be the emotions and memories associated with that product. The higher the intensity of that emotion, the greater the chance of selecting that product.
Here is couple of videos on how well the brands used to as part of their storytelling to connect with their audience.
Schöffel | Wanderpapst
There are the key elements to consider while telling any brand or product story with the audience, combining these 5 elements in your story telling will help you take the your brand to the next level in the age of the connected customer.