Focusing on the Right keywords is essential for the success of any company for their Search Strategy which includes SEO and SEM as their primary channels in their digital marketing journey. This is applicable for all levels of companies starting from a barbershop in a small area in a 3 tier city to the largest online store in any country, it always critical to find the right keywords and focus on those keywords to improve the performance.
Here is the list of top 5 keywords research tools that will help the digital marketers to identify the right keywords to optimize their SEO and SEM strategy.
- Google Keyword Planner: Google keyword planner is the oldest and most used keyword research tool which comes free with any google ads account.
You will be able to find the related keywords in the simplest manner just by entering a keyword or even by entering the URL of your website, it will do the rest by suggesting the monthly search volumes and the competition as well along with hundreds of recommendations of the keyword ideas. even though google restricted showing the actual search volumes for the accounts with no decent google ads history, you can either use one of your google ads account which has a history of running google ads or even use a new account and still get the range of search volumes, which is still useful.
2. SEM Rush Keyword Research: Even though SEMRush is known for Tracking SEO, Competition, etc. SEMRush has a very nice product feature in its product portfolio for Keyword Research.
SEMRish suggests monthly search volumes for any keyword entered including Keyword Variations, Average CPC with few detailed search terms like what are questions asked by users, longtail keyword ideas, the preview of ads running for the entered keywords, keyword difficulty index, etc.
If you haven’t tried SEMRush yet, it is worth trying. They have a free version with a daily limit of searches.
3. Keywords Explorer by ahrefs: ahrefs is one of the oldest companies offering various tools for SEO and SEM. Its Keyword explorer is also one of the most used by SEO, SEM, and Digital Marketing Professionals.
Like SEMRush, It also has many advanced features for keyword research, it suggests thousands of keywords for the entered keywords along with the many closely relevant keyword suggestions, allowing the users to save these suggestions as segments for later use and many more features. It is presently offered at $7 for a 7 day trial period.
4. Spyfu Keyword Research Tool: Spyfu has positioned themselves as a competitor research tool, one of the main reason for them is their strongness in identifying the keywords users are searching for.
SpyFu’s Keyword research tool also has many advanced search results to show the users in terms what are the different relevant searches helping the digital marketers to get new ideas and estimate costs for keywords they are been missing. Its Keyword research tool shows hundreds of related keywords, history of advertisers, SERP analysis, backlinks, etc
SpyFu is offering a basic plan starts from $33/month
5. MOZ Keyword Explorer: Started as an SEO only tool, MOZ has now had tens of product features that are helping digital marketers to get efficiency from their SEO and SEM Activities. MOZ’s Keyword Explorer is one of the strongest tools with many many advanced features while looking for new keyword ideas.
Moz claims that their search volume estimates are 95% accurate which is never told by any other tool available, With many features like Keyword Difficulty, Volume, and expected Organic Click-Through Rate scores help predict your ability to rank and drive traffic.
MOZPro’s basic plan starts from $99/month, however, they have 30 days free trial with the credit card as mandatory.
These 5 tools are my favorite tools for keyword research, there are few more good tools that are worth checking. As a digital marketer or sem/sem expert, you have to choose the one that works for the best. If you are operating with no additional monies for keyword research as part fo your digital marketing plans, google keyword planner is the best or you can try SEMRush free version and see if that works for you.