Setting up a PPC campaign is easy but building a profitable PPC Campaign is not easy as you expected. building a successful PPC campaign takes time and hard work. I hope this guide will teach you how to build a campaign that is perfect and profitable. This will also help you to manage your campaigns in a timely and effective manner and what aspects to focus on when optimizing a campaign for better Sales and ROI.
1) Understand your Marketing Objectives: Understanding Online Marketing Objectives is the fundamental and most important job for any successful Online Marketing Campaign. Your PPC Strategy starts with understanding the requirements and it will you will move on to the next level. If you start your PPC campaign without having an idea about objectives will be a failure.
2) Understand Your Target Market: Where is your targeted audience? Which segment you are trying to target? You will have to know these things and plan camping based on your marketing objectives to reach your audience who are interested in buying your product, signing up for your newsletter, or opting for the service you offer.
3) Understand your Product and Offerings: Before you start building your PPC Campaign or any Advertising Campaign, it is important to understand your product completely which includes the quality of your product/service when compared to your competition and the price of your service, benefits of your product, how your product is different from other providers in your business.
4) Target Right keywords and Keyword Match type: The keyword also called a Search term in adverts point of view, is actually the word or phrase entered by the user who is searching in Search engines like Google. This is very important for every Google Ads professional, business owner, or Google Ads Agency managing PPC Accounts for his clients/own business. Targeting the right keywords depends on your marketing objectives and the product or service you are offering. There are 3 different keyword match types available in AdWords which are Broad, Phrase, and Exact matches. There is another match type called “negative keyword” which eliminates irrelevant keywords.
5) Build tightly themed Ad groups: Once you finalized your keywords, don’t push all your keywords in one ad group. Split your all keywords into multiple ad groups based on category product or service. Etc. Building tightly themed ad groups not only helps in better PPC Campaign Management but also improves the quality score of your keywords and helps to reduce your cost per click by improving your CTR.
6) Write Compelling Ad Text: You’ve finalized your keywords and structured and tightly themed ad groups that you’ve chosen relevant, specific keywords, and also you’ve added your negative keywords, Now It is always important to write ads that will attract the attention of your potential customers to get new qualified leads and sales.
Some of the best tips to use when writing an ad text are
A) Use a Strong Call to Action in ads, ex: buy now, show now, contact us
B) Using your targeted Keyword in Ad text
C) Include prices and Promotions in your Ad
D) Include your Unique Selling Point in ads
E) Don’t bluff in your ads to get clicks which will waste your money.F) Use ad extensions and better display URL
7) Optimize your landing Page: landing page Optimization Plays a major role when building a successful PPC Campaign as this is the place where your potential customers land after clicking on your ad in search results. You need to make sure that the visitor is landing on the proper page that he is searching for; there is no point in sending a visitor to a jewelry page when he/she is searching to buy shoes/clothes.
Some of the Best Practices when Designing and optimizing a landing page:
A) Make sure your Landing page is loading faster if it is taking much time to load, it may cause you a bounce but you will end up paying for that click.
B) Add relevant and original content in your landing page
C) Be Transparent when designing a landing page
D) Provide Easy Navigation: Providing easy navigation helps the visitors to find what they are looking for easily.
E) Add a strong Call to Action on your Landing page
8) Test, test and Test: Don’t sleep even if you are doing good, there are many areas you can focus on which will help you reduce your cost for example check your Quality Scores. Always test your AdWords or PPC campaign to maximize your ROI and keep it more profitable. Understand your whole account keeps adding new keyword variations to try to attract more customers, find out which keywords are driving sales and which are not. Always try to reduce your bids for the keywords not driving sales and increase for the keywords which give more sales. Try testing new ads and work on improving Quality Scores which will help to reduce your CPC and improve Average ad position.
By following the above tips you should be able to greatly improve the performance of your PPC campaigns and increase your ROI. An effective PPC campaign will not only provide you with increased sales and leads but ultimately grow your profits too!