For all the Digital Marketers who are optimizing their campaigns based on the real-time data that they see in different advertising platforms such as Google ads, Facebook ads, or Amazon Ads.
We are going to see
- difference between real-time data and delayed data, how each platform handles each type of data.
- What data is important to optimizing marketing channels to improve ROI from the advertising platforms.
- How each channel uploads conversion data and at what speed
These are a few important things to know when you are using conversion data from these channels while optimizing them.
Let’s start channel by channel
- Amazon Ads: Amazon is one of the largest advertisers in the world and they now has Aamzon Attribution and they clerly mention that the previous 48 hours of Amazon attribution reporting should be considered partial or incomeplete. So as for wanting realtime data to optimize their Amazon campaigns in your account, It is clearly not possible from Amazon. they are upto 2 days delayed. Sofor those who actually wants realtime data from Amazon, It doen’t exists.
- Facebook Ads: Facebook has to udnergo lot of stressure/pressure due to IOS 14.5 but Facebook is one of the great resouce to reach the audience. So, coming back to the topic, Face book said the following guidelines related to realtime reporting.
Realtime data is not supported or delayed for maybe up to 3 days for web conversion events, statistical modeling may be used to account for conversions from IOS 14 users
And also with the time windows, the default is a 7-day click or 1-day view anything longer will not be allowed.
3. Google Ads: Google has performance data isn’t available instantly and some metrics are only updated once a day.
- with 3 Hours delay: You can get clicks, Impressions and Last click conversions
- 15 hours delay: You can get non last click conversions
- 6 hour delay: to get auction insights, impression share metrics, search term reports
- 1 and half day(11 hours) : for each metrics.
As you can see there is a lot of delays in the stats for each channel: the key point that comes out from the above points is that “Sometimes people really wanted to get fixated and wanting real-time data and the fun fact is that they never actually had it”
All those things that are mentioned above are not secret information, they are available in public forums mentioned in official channels for ex: Google ads are clearly shown at the bottom of the google ads dashboard as the results are not realtime. Facebook: they email every advertiser mentioning the same.
So any marketing attribution platform that is the in the pace of attribution can’t give real-time attribution, because it is not available.